y4pcT1JaIwGptQJPO6l_mZmgv34 tiffin unboxed: Spring Garden - Succulents

Spring Garden - Succulents

Why do I love succulents?

1. These water-retaining, hardy plants survive with less water making them environmentally friendly, in sun or shade, in poor soil conditions - you name it.

2. They look modern and classic at the same time, with their sculptural forms and pattern variations.

3. And they grow from the tiniest cutting and form into a beautiful new plant.


This beautiful cutting is already showing incredible color variation.


This watermelon variety "string of pearls" sprouted a beautiful white bloom.


That spread into this brush-like flower.


Shining Pink Calandrinia Rock Purslane. A dramatic, exquisite plant with bright pink blooms elevated above the base of the plant. These are appearing at many L.A. area nurseries now.


The flowers bloom well in full sun.


It's doing well on my deck, but I hear it grows quite large when planted in the ground or in a bigger pot.


Ground covering succulents sometimes look wonderful in a pot.




I have a strange fondness for red tipped leaves or stems on plants.


Baby Necklace, as this one is called is a fast grower and provides interesting photo opportunities.




a

The tip of each stem reminds me of an Art Nouveau geometric rose design.




The burgundy-black Black Rose flowers fascinate me, especially with the smaller rosettes and green, younger part of the stems.


More mature plants bloom yellow flowers during the winter.




These petite blooms remind me of Space Age tulips!






What do new leaves look like on the Pencil Bush plant? Like regular leaves. They somehow form into cylinders as they mature. This one blooms like crazy even indoors.




These blue Serpent succulents were given to my by my neighbor. They also prefer full sun.


This boat planter has been on my patio for about 9 years. I am wondering when the plants will outgrow the pot.


I just discovered this Gold Moss or Golden Carpet recently, and now they seem to be everywhere. They make gorgeous ground cover and also eye catching in a large pot of assorted succulents.


This one's polka dot leaves give it such style. The stems also fall to the side, as if it's lying down.


Another red stemmed plant with apple green leaves.

This spring consisted of starter succulents which I plan to arrange into larger groupings in pots. For now I'm just studying their growing habits, pace and size.

What are your favorite succulents?





0 Responses to “Spring Garden - Succulents”:

Leave a comment

Please feel free to provide feedback and comments.